B.C. health officials say Canadian who tested positive for hantavirus has recovered
British Columbia health officials say the Canadian who fell ill with hantavirus on a cruise ship stricken with an outbreak earlier this spring has recovered.
A statement from the Office of the Provincial Health Officer says the resident of the Yukon was discharged from hospital late last week.
It says the three other Canadians who have been isolating since last month are being monitored in their 42-day quarantine and are not showing any symptoms.
Officials previously said the four Canadians may have been exposed to the virus aboard the MV Hondius cruise ship.
The outbreak hit the ship during its voyage from Argentina to Antarctica sometime after April 1, following several stops at isolated islands in the South Atlantic.
The Public Health Agency of Canada has said the overall risk to the general population in Canada from the Andes hantavirus outbreak linked to the ship remains low.
Related Stories
Canada
Trump Issues First Response After US
26 minutes ago
Canada
From business leaders to sports fans, Canada responds to trade war escalation
1 hour ago
Canada
Canada's an agricultural superpower. Could it feed the whole world?
1 hour ago
Canada
Two accused of murder after cyclist was punched
2 hours ago
Canada
‘Deeply disappointed’: Smith weighs in on collapse of trade talks
3 hours ago
Canada
Belgian car salesman becomes prince after DNA test proves royal parentage
4 hours ago
Canada
Pear Lake wildfire sparks new evacuations, severe thunderstorm alerts issued around B.C.
4 hours ago
Canada
Ottawa-area distillery looks east and west after Canada
4 hours ago